Asphalt Shingle Roofing is the most popular roofing option all across the United States.
This option is designed to protect your home or business through decades of different weather condition with minimal upkeep.
Asphalt shingles vary in colors and styles. This roofing option provides an affordable but durable choice.
You can consult our roofing experts to decide the best type of asphalt shingle roofing for your next project.
Materials Used for Asphalt Shingles
Asphalt shingles can be divided into two different materials – fiberglass and organic.
- Fiberglass – is fire retardant and treated with a protective resin
- Organic – these shingles are made of paper with an asphalt coating (they are mostly obsolete)
Different Types of Roof Shingles
Strip Shingles (3-Tab Shingles)
- Strip or 3-Tab shingles are lightweight and designed to withstand the elements for about 20 years. These are a good choice for homeowners with a budget.
- Dimensional Shingles are extremely durable. These shingles are multi-dimensional in texture and appearance and can last for approximately 30 years.
- Luxury Shingles are multi-dimensional in appearance and boast maximum durability. They are more affordable than a slate or cedar shingle but still have a clean beautiful finish. They are heavier than some the other shingle options above, making them less likely to lift in extreme weather conditions.
The Benefits of a durable Asphalt Roof
Simple to repair –
- Asphalt rooves are easy to maintain. In the years to come, when you feel your roof could use some sprucing up or reinforcing, Asphalt rooves are could be simply replaced.
- Asphalt is the perfect roofing material that offers great curb appeal and protection for your home. Most shingle manufacturer’s offer at least a 20-year warranty on their products.
- Asphalt roofs have a low probability of having uplift because of the structure of the design. Most shingle manufacturer’s offer a wind rating of up to 100mph.
- Asphalt shingles can be recycled in the late future, so you can feel good about your investment and how it affects the planet!
Need a New Roof?
Call Friendly Roofing, your local roofing pro in Chicagoland.