Friendly Roofing: Chicago’s #1 TPO Roofing Company
We are the TPO roofing company Chicago homeowners, property investors, and businesses can trust. We’ve been keeping local homes and business premises protected from the Chicago elements for decades now, and we’re proud to be trusted by the Chicago community for all your roofing needs.
Chicago, Illinois property owners choose us when they expect the best in quality workmanship, attention to detail, and service. We’re happy to have been in the roofing industry for this long, and we don’t take that for granted.
When it comes to putting the roof on Chicago, you can trust us to take care of your roof and your investment with a strong value for money. Make Friendly Roofing your first call for any roofing services your home and business needs, and we are confident you won’t be disappointed.
A major part of our day to day workload is generated by client referrals and long-term relationships within our community because we’re committed to serving you long term. As local Chicago homeowners and business operators ourselves, we’re in this community for the long haul, and we value your support.
One thing we stress with all our clients—and potential clients—is how important it is to get the right roofing advice from the beginning. It’s so crucial to have a helpful team at your disposal that we offer a free roof estimate service across Chicago and the surrounding areas. If budget is a consideration for you we encourage you to take us up on this offer, to get the best for your property’s roofing, wherever you’re based in this area.
The Friendly Roofing Difference
So maybe you’ve found your way to this page because you’re interested in TPO roofing, and looking for a TPO roofing company Chicago businesses and homeowners can count on. You’re definitely in the right place. If you want to know about our TPO roofing services, you can skip ahead.
But if you want to get to know our team at Friendly Roofing, here’s why we think we’ve thrived in the local roofing industry for over two decades:
• We are fully qualified roofing experts with more than 20 years of experience
• We are locally owned and operated, so we understand our community and our climate better than anyone
• We offer a competitive Price Match guarantee, so you can be confident our pricing is fair and transparent
• We offer one of Chicago’s most comprehensive workmanship warranties (but more on that later!)
• All our roofing products are backed by reputable suppliers and manufacturers
• We are dedicated to communicating clearly, honestly, and professionally
• Our whole team are committed to delivering a professional level of service on every job—big or small
• We offer a full suite of professional Chicago roofing services
• We provide free Chicago roof estimates
• We hold comprehensive liability insurance and workers’ compensation
• We are a BBB certified business for total customer peace of mind
The Friendly Roofing Commitment
One area where our team at Friendly Roofing gets consistently positive feedback is our simple roofing process from start to finish. From the very start, with our free roof estimate, until we head home at the end of your project, we aim to make things simple. This kind of simplified roofing process eliminates a lot of headaches for homeowners just like you. We deliver a comprehensive, all-inclusive roofing service so you can have total peace of mind.
That means we don’t cut corners. We focus on quality workmanship that only needs to be carried out once. We focus on using premium construction materials and roofing products that stand the test of time. We offer comprehensive warranties that keep you and your home protected for the life of your roof.
The King of Roof Warranties
Our team at Friendly Roofing likes to stay at the forefront of the roofing industry. We keep on top of new technologies and new techniques so that we’re ready to deliver premium service on every project. There’s no roofing project we’re not prepared to complete—on time, on budget, and to your total satisfaction.
We respect that every roofing project is a sizeable investment. And as we all know when it comes to money, there’s a lot of pressure to get it right.
That’s why we offer the “King of Roof Warranties” for your peace of mind. The “King of Roof Warranties” is specifically designed to guarantee that our clients—and their property, and their wallets—get the results they expect.
Talk to our team about your roofing needs, and see how we can help you to achieve the best outcome for your property. Our comprehensive Chicago roofing service means you’ve got nothing to lose, and everything to gain.
Friendly Roofing: Your Chicago TPO Roofing Professionals
Even though our team at Friendly Roofing is here to handle the heavy lifting, we think it’s in our clients’ best interests to be in the know when it comes to their roofing options. If TPO roofing is something you’re considering for your property, we’ve got everything you need to know.
What is TPO roofing?
There are two types of single-ply membranes that we use in commercial roofing: Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO) and Ethylene Propylene Diene-Terpolymer (EPDM).
Both types are different in their chemical makeup, the way we install them, and also their level of energy efficiency—and therefore how much they can save you on your energy bill. What they have in common is that both of them can be ballasted, fastened mechanically, or adhered through a chemical treatment to form a “skin” on your roof.
TPO roofing is out-performing TPO in the current market, making it one of the fastest-growing commercial roofing solutions of 2020. According to the National Roofing Contractors Association, TPO roofing currently holds around 35% of the commercial roofing market.
Up until the 1990s, the flat roofing market was dominated by PVC roofing solutions. TPO emerged as an economical, energy-efficient, cost-effective substitute, and has consistently seen an increase in demand over the past three decades.
TPO roofing in Chicago consists of three components:
• The Thermoplastic Polyolefin base
• Polyester-reinforced fabric center—sometimes referred to as scrim
• Thermoplastic Polyolefin compounded top ply
• Standard fillers in the manufacture of TPO roofing can include metal oxy sulfate, wollastonite, carbon fiber, and fiberglass.
There are a few areas where TPO roofing excels for our commercial clients. Some of its most appealing characteristics are:
Ease of application:
• TPO roofing is a single-ply thermoplastic membrane. It can be applied in one layer, making it more time- and cost-effective.
• The membrane application method is fairly flexible, as it can be installed mechanically, chemically adhered, ballasted, or plate bonded.
• Some reputable brands manufacture a fleece-back TPO product, allowing the membrane to be adhered using a urethane foam.
• Where a plate bonded system is used, the plates can be bonded to the bottom of the membrane via induction welder.
• TPO flashings are completed using heat welding.
• TPO membranes typically come in white, grey, and tan—making them straightforward for commercial application.
• Many manufacturers provide industry-leading warranties on installation—some maxing out at 30 years.
• TPO roofing is grease resistant, wind-resistant, and able to withstand high levels of heat.
It is manufactured as sheets that come in various widths—usually 10, 12, and 20 foot—which get rolled up and shipped out to us.
TPO Roofing Installation Process
The first step in installing TPO roofing is to prepare the existing substrate. We typically do this by removing the existing roof or through a thorough professional cleaning. As part of your pre-installation roofing inspection, we’ll determine which option is going to guarantee the best surface for your TPO installation.
Once the substrate is prepared, your insulation will be applied. This could be any of the following:
1. Expanded Polystyrene (EPS): this is a popular choice for roofing, wall, and under-floor insulation. Because EPS doesn’t retain water, it’s also suitable for ground contact. It has the highest R-value per dollar.
2. Poly-isocyanurate (Polyiso): Polyiso has the highest R-value rating, and is an excellent insulation solution for roofing applications. It is one of the more expensive roofing insulation options, but easily worth the outlay.
3. Extruded Polystyrene (XPS): In terms of price, this option falls somewhere in the middle. It reduces energy consumption and has a long-term R-value when applied to the correct thickness. XPS creates a full air and moisture barrier, so it makes a good choice for the budget-conscious.
Next, the TPO membrane is applied using one of the methods discussed earlier. Your TPO roofing seams and flashings will be sealed using the hot-air welding method.
Where and when is TPO Roofing used?
TPO roofing systems are an ideal roofing solution for large areas—which is why they are so popular for commercial and industrial applications. Because TPO roofing is resistant to shrinking and cracking and stands up well to UV and ozone exposure, it is an excellent choice to withstand the elements long-term.
It is also heat-reflective and energy-efficient, meaning you reduce the amount of transferred heat into your commercial buildings in the hottest of Chicago’s summer months.
TPO roofing is an excellent choice for commercial property owners who understand the importance of protecting their buildings and tenants with a heat welded roofing solution. It is also a reliable choice where roofing products can be exposed to grease or contaminants since TPO withstands these more than EPDM products.
Having said all this, TPO roofing can be used in residential roofing, too. More often now, homeowners are looking into the benefits of flat roofing and capitalizing on the additional space a flat roof can bring. In these situations, your Friendly Roofing specialist will always check that product warranties will keep our clients covered. Don’t get caught out by a manufacturer who doesn’t offer a warranty for TPO roofing for residential use.
What are the benefits of TPO roofing?
When installed and cared for by a professional team like our guys at Friendly Roofing, a TPO roof can last up to 30 years. Apart from longevity, there are many other benefits to installing TPO roofing for your commercial or residential properties:
• Fire Rating: TPO membranes qualify for Underwriters Laboratories Class A fire-resistance rating when fire retarders are used in the manufacturing process. This offers added peace of mind for you as the property owner, and for your tenants.
• Flexibility in insulation choices: TPO roofing doesn’t have a built-in insulation component. Because of this, you have the flexibility to choose the insulation solution that works best for our local area, and for the needs of your business premises.
• Wallet-friendly: TPO roofing is commonly white, light grey, or tan. Since all of these shades are highly reflective, they reflect the sun’s UV rays away from your building. This saves money on cooling your commercial building or home in summer.
How much does TPO roofing cost?
We know this isn’t the answer anyone wants to hear: it depends. Our crew at Friendly Roofing take pride in offering the fairest and competitive pricing in the roofing industry, but we still need to take into consideration these factors:
• The total area of your roof
• The condition of the existing roof
• Whether or not we need to remove the existing roof
• Roof access
• Insulation choice
• Installation difficulty
• Roof penetrations
To give you some idea of the price of TPO roofing, an average 20,000 square foot commercial building can cost up to $8.00 per square foot—including labor and materials.
If TPO roofing is on your mind, come and talk to the TPO roofing company Chicago trusts. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to roofing, so your best option is always to explore your options.
By speaking to the professionals and taking advantage of our free roof estimate, you can be confident that you’re making the right decision for your investment. You’ll also have the peace of mind of knowing we’ll take care of your roof every step of the way.
Want to know more about TPO roofing in Chicago? Get in touch with our team of experts today.