Friendly Roofing: Chicago’s #1 EPDM Roofing Company
The Friendly Roofing Difference
Perhaps you found your way here because you’ve heard of Friendly Roofing’s EPDM roofing service. If you’re looking for an EPDM roofing company Chicago can count on, you’ve come to the right place. If you want to know more about our EPDM roofing services, you can skip ahead to this section right now.
Or maybe you just want to learn more about Friendly Roofing, and what sets us apart from our competitors in the local roofing industry. Here’s why we think we’re still thriving as Chicago’s roofing professionals after 24 years:
- We’re Chicago’s fully qualified roofing experts with more than 20 years in the industry
- We’re locally owned and locally operated, so we understand our community
- We offer an industry-leading Price Match guarantee on all our work
- Our prices are competitive, fair, and transparent—and you never need to worry about hidden costs with Friendly Roofing
- We offer the comprehensive King of Roof Warranties—we’ll tell you more about that in a minute
- All our roofing products are backed by reputable suppliers and industry-leading manufacturers
- We are dedicated to delivering a professional, friendly, honest service to every customer
- We offer a full suite of roofing services across Chicagoland
- We provide free roof estimates across Chicago and the surrounding areas
- We are Better Business Bureau certified for your peace of mind
- We hold comprehensive liability insurance and workers’ comp insurance
The Friendly Roofing Ethos
Friendly Roofing is the EPDM roofing company Chicago businesses and homeowners can trust to handle all their roofing needs. We’ve been protecting local homes and business premises from the Chicago, Illinois elements for over twenty years now. We’re proud to be the EPDM roofing company Chicago chooses to protect its investment.
Local property owners and developers choose us because they expect the best in premium workmanship, expertise, attention to detail, and quality customer service. We’re thrilled to have been a part of the roofing industry for so long, and we definitely don’t take our success and longevity for granted. If anything, it makes us work harder to care for what we’ve built.
When it comes to taking care of Chicago’s roofing, our approach is three-pronged:
- Use the best products and materials for the job
- Commit to excellent workmanship from start to finish
- Deliver high quality at a fair price
- Don’t forget your warranties!
You can trust our crew at Friendly Roofing to take care of your roof—and your investment—while we stay fair and competitive with our pricing. When you make Friendly Roofing your first call for residential and commercial Chicago roofing services, we’re confident you won’t be disappointed.
Many of our clients come to us through referrals—past clients who were happy with our services, and ongoing clients who we work alongside on new projects. We believe that building these types of long-term relationships within our community is the best way to assure local businesses and homeowners that we’re here to stay—we’re in Chicago for the long haul.
Friendly Roofing – Top EPDM Company of Chicago
It’s extremely important—and we stress this to all our clients—that you get the right roofing advice from the start. This is why we offer our Chicagoland-famous free roof estimate service. We’ll travel anywhere across Chicago and her surrounding areas to give you advice on your roofing.
Why a free roofing estimate? Because we believe all property owners should know what’s going on with their roof. It’s easier—and a lot more cost-effective—to maintain your roof than it is to replace it before its time. If you want to get the most out of your roofing, let us help you take care of it.
The Friendly Roofing Commitment
Across the Chicagoland area, we’re excited to help homeowners with all of their roofing needs. We’ve been doing this for 24 years and counting, and it’s taken us a long time to build a reputation for honesty, integrity, and excellent quality.
We couldn’t do this unless we consistently ensured that our pricing was fair, and our pricing structure was competitive and transparent. We take a lot of pride in our work, and we know it’s worth the price we charge. At the same time, we are confident that you are getting the absolute best in value for money—and we’re proud to say that.
From start to finish, we aim to keep things simple for you. Once we’ve been on-site to complete your free roof estimate, we can take care of every step of the roofing process—no matter how big or small the project. This simplifies the roofing process and eliminates the stress for homeowners and businesses.
Our promise to you: we won’t cut corners. Our high-quality workmanship only needs to be carried out once. Our materials and roofing solutions stand the test of time—and are backed by top of the line warranties. You can count on Friendly Roofing.
The Friendly Roofing King of Roof Warranties
When it comes to roofing, we know it’s a major investment. That’s why we offer the King of Roof Warranties—to give you peace of mind.
The King of Roof Warranties is designed to give every client the reassurance that they’ll get the results they expect. We keep your property and your investment at the forefront of our minds with our product recommendations and workmanship. So talk to our team about your property’s roofing needs. Our comprehensive Chicago roofing service and King of Roof Warranties means you’ve got nothing to lose, and everything to gain.
Friendly Roofing: Your EPDM Roofing Professionals
Here at Friendly Roofing, we like to keep our clients informed about their options. If one of your roofing options is EPDM roofing, there are a few things we’d like for you to know. So let’s get started.
What is EPDM roofing?
There are two types of single-ply membranes most often used in commercial roofing: Ethylene Propylene Diene-Terpolymer (EPDM) and Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO).
They differ in their chemical makeup, the way we install them, and also their level of energy efficiency—and therefore how much they can save you on your energy bill. But what they have in common is that both of them can be ballasted, fully adhered, or mechanically attached to form a “skin” on your roof.
EPDM—which is effectively made of ethylene and propylene—is available in either black or white. Our suppliers stock a variety of widths, ranging from just over 7.5 feet to over 45 feet, and it either 45 mm or 60 mm thickness.
EPDM Roofing Installation
The first step in installing TPO roofing is to prepare the existing substrate. We typically do this by removing the existing roof or through a thorough professional cleaning. As part of your pre-installation roofing inspection, we’ll determine which option is going to guarantee the best surface for your TPO installation.
Once your substrate is prepared and your insulation installed, we can measure and layout your EPDM roofing. This will be followed by the application process best suited to your unique situation:
- Ballasted EPDM: uses larger sized rolls secured with a top layer of stone
- Fully adhered EPDM: mechanically attaches your insulation layer to your roof. The EPDM membrane is then secured to the insulation with adhesive.
- Mechanically attached EPDM: the EPDM membrane is physically attached—using batten cover strips and screw). Seams are covered and sealed with adhesive and seam tape.
EPDM roofing is time-intensive work, but every reputable roofing company knows that you’re better off taking twice as long now—and only having to do the job once. So we take extra care and use specialist roofing equipment to ensure your seams are air and water-tight.
Where EPDM it used?
EPDM roofing is an ideal solution for very large areas—hence why it is so popular for commercial and industrial properties. It is a great choice for commercial property owners looking to protect their investment because it is resistant to grease, contaminants, wind, and water.
Whilst it doesn’t replace asphalt shingles, it is gaining popularity in residential homes as well. The new, contemporary style of home—specifically in areas that experience extreme highs in summer, like Chicago—is well suited to a flat EPDM roof. It’s also popular for rooftop decking, where it can be covered with astroturf, paving stones, or decking timber, to create an outdoor space that adds value to the property. Painting the EPDM is also an option, although this will need to be maintained every few years.
If EPDM roofing is a consideration for your home, talk to us about your flat roof options. Our specialists can check into product warranties, to ensure you are fully covered. In some cases, manufacturers don’t extend warranty cover on their EPDM products for residential use, so this is something we need to confirm up-front.
What are the benefits of EPDM roofing?
When your EPDM roofing is installed and maintained by a crew of professionals—like our people at Friendly Roofing—it can easily last for decades. There are other key benefits to using an EPDM membrane system for your property, too:
- EPDM roofing is low maintenance: apart from scheduling a regular maintenance routine with us, there is very little in the way of materials and sealings that need repair in EPDM roofing.
- EPDM roofing is incredibly durable: depending on the level of UV resistance in the specific membrane product used, EPDM roofing can last anywhere from 20 to 50 years.
- EPDM roofing is resilient: because it is effectively made of rubber membrane, EPDM is flexible, strong, and able to withstand the extreme Chicago weather. Don’t believe us? In tests, some EPDM products show an ability to withstand a temperature range from -60°F to 302°
- EPDM roofing is energy-efficient: as a breathable material, the EPDM membrane allows vapors to escape without allowing moisture in. At the same time, it reflects heat to keep the inside of your building cool. As an insulator, it keeps the building warm in winter, and cool in summer. All of these components make EPDM roofing an excellent choice to keep heating and cooling costs down.
- EPDM roofing is easier on the environment: EPDM roofing is 100% recyclable. Less than 1% of the newest EPDM products will need to go to landfill by the time your roof has reached the end of its life.
- EPDM roofing is easier on your wallet: the cost of this type of roofing is lower than other commercial roofing products. Because it is easy to install, you also save on labor.
How much does EPDM roofing cost in Chicago?
The short—and not very popular—answer is: it depends. Some factors to take into consideration before we can give you a price on your EPDM roofing solution are:
- The total area of your roof
- The condition of the existing roof
- Whether or not we need to remove the existing roof
- Roof access
- Insulation choice
- Installation difficulty
- Roof penetrations
Generally speaking, you can expect to pay between $5.50 and $9.50 per square foot of EPDM membrane on a typical flat roof (including labor), but this can be higher if we need to remove the existing roof, apply insulation, or make repairs to the substrate.
Our team at Friendly Roofing pride ourselves on offering a premium service that gives our clients good value for money. With our Price Match Guarantee, you can be assured we keep our pricing fair, honest, and accurate.
If EPDM roofing is on your mind, come and talk to the EPDM roofing company Chicago trusts. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to roofing, so your best option is always to explore every option. Our team at Friendly Roofing are here to show you what all those options are, and which ones could work to maximize your investment and protect your property for longer.
By speaking to the professionals and taking advantage of our free roof estimate, you can be confident that you’re making the right decision for your investment.
Want to know more about EPDM roofing in Chicago? Get in touch with our team of experts today.